Sunday 7 October 2018

My Story!

My Voice ... Literally!!!


Hi! My name is Charlotte and I am a teacher and a lifelong learner. I am also the face behind Colourful Teaching For You. I decided to just speak out today because I find that a blog a lot by typing and disseminate information but I never actually speak to you. Therefore, I decided to try something different and created a mini movie.

The point of this video is to tell you a little bit about myself. I LOVE teaching! It is an ABSOLUTE PASSION of mine, which is why I created Colourful Teaching For You. I wanted to add colour to both my life and yours so that together, we can help our students shine as we differentiate our teaching to meet their individual needs.

Even though I grew up in a third world county, I absolutely loved school when I was a little girl. I knew that education was a privilege and that I was blessed to have been given the opportunity to  deepen my understanding about the world around me. I have never taken this for granted.

However, when I immigrated to Canada, which is where I currently reside, we found ourselves struggling to make ends meet as we were living a working class lifestyle. Being different physically, financially, culturally and linguistically was incredibly difficult for me during my time in elementary school.
 
YES, I was bullied!

YES! I absolutely HATED it here.

HOWEVER, I found some awesome teachers toward the end of my time in elementary school who encouraged me and who helped me to come out of my shell. And in high school, my humanities teacher was a true inspiration to me as he took the time to get to know me on a deeper level and worked hard to get me to open up and INSISTED that I speak up in class and I DID. He was an inspiration to me. Because of him, I decided that someday, I would be that inspiration to a child as well.

I did, though, lose my path for a while but eventually found myself when I realized that over the past decade, I had been placed in a variety of positions that required me to take on the role of a teacher. I worked hard and pursed an undergraduate degree in forensic archeology. Upon completion of this degree, I applied to and completed my Bachelors of Education.

I was blessed to have been able to secure a teaching position upon completion of my degree because there were very few jobs available when I graduated. I am currently working at the same place and I LOVE it. I cannot picture myself in any other profession besides this. It is truly my CALLING in life.

The material that I produce is created for my class. I continuously assess and fine-tune everything prior to uploading the information. This absolutely thrills me because let’s face it - creating and implementing them is way too much fun for me. I want the best for my students and yours.



Once you’ve had a chance to read / watch / listen, I’d love to hear from you.

What’s your story? Why did you become a teacher or a homeschooler?

Leave a comment below and let me know thoughts. Remember to share your story in as much detail as possible because your insights and motivation will be read by others and it may touch and cause a breakthrough in another person’s soul.

Important: While your thoughts are greatly appreciated, links to other posts, videos, etc. that are not relevant to this topic will be removed.

Thank you so much for voicing your opinions. If you have family, friends or colleagues who would benefit from or love this message, please share this post and subscribe to this blog for more exciting information and to receive a Live Your Most Colourful Life Planner

Shop 

#Planning #Teachers #homeschool #homeschooling #parents #professionals #colour #Learn #learning #think #educate #education #EducationMatters #educationforall #children #Students #studentlife #studentsuccess #teacher #teachingleaders #whyiteach #ilovemyjob  #voice #mystory #story #thoughts #Video #YouTube #podcast  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment