Saturday 15 September 2018

Learning Beyond the Classroom


Creativity Has No Bounds

A few months ago, I wrote about the concept of Creative Thinking. I looked at the purpose behind it and how I analyzed their projects.  What I hoped for but did not expect, was for my students to take their learning beyond the classroom. 

I feel so honored and blessed to be placed in a position where I can foster growth in my students so that they can make a difference in the world. I love the messiness and joy of the creative process, which is why I insist on integrating into as many of my teaching units as possible.

One of my students worked toward learning about and caring for a sunflower plant. At the time of the presentation, the plant grew without any flowers. The image of this plant can be found at Creative Thinking. Over the summer, she still cared for the plant and flowers bloomed.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Colourful-Teaching-For-You

 A few days ago, she came by my classroom to give me one of the flowers and to give me a hug. In that moment, I was filled with absolute happiness and excitement at the knowledge that this child took her learning beyond the four walls of my classroom and pursed her passion of gardening. 

When she gave me the beautiful sunflower, I did not want her to leave my room without her knowing that she was making a positive mark in this world. Therefore we talked about how she was adding positive energy to the environment by adding much needed oxygen as plants take in carbon dioxide and emit oxygen. As her mom was with her, she reiterated my thoughts, which made her feel a sense of pride. 

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Colourful-Teaching-For-You

This is what I had always wanted and I finally got it see it in action. I am so proud of her for taking her learning beyond the classroom. This has always been and will continue to be my main goal. I know this may seem small to many people but as I teach primary at the moment, this is a huge accomplishment to me.

Thank you for reading this article. I cannot wait to hear back from you. What creative projects have you worked on with your class?

If you want more information or would like to collaborate with me, please leave a comment or follow me in the following ways:






#Creative #creativity #creativityskills #CreativeThinking #creatives #createthenew #changemakers #Learn #learning #think #educate #education #EducationMatters #educationforall #homeschool #Homeschooling #children #Students #studentlife #studentsuccess #teacher #teachingleaders #whyiteach #ilovemyjob #plants #Garden #gardening #GardenersWorld #gardens #flower #Flowers #FlowerReport


No comments:

Post a Comment